Saturday, April 14, 2012

Back from the Pearl

Been sometime away from work and home due to business deal regarding my work equipment. The deal is to be made at the Pearl of the South China Sea, I guess I'm going to enjoy these few days of free time so I bring my sister to tag along.

Since I'm with my sister, there will not be anyone of the opposite sex disturbing me and she'll learn how is it like to be in a real meeting with potential vendor and also how to deal with them. This is also a bit of an introductory travel course to her about engineering work.

After the meeting is done, we decide to go to the beach which we used to play since we're small, and reminiscing the old times we still manage to find some seashells to add to my sister's shell collection. This island's beach is very special as it is full of crustacean shells which consists of different shapes, sizes and unique designs.

These are the few pictures of the sea shells taken using the Nikon D90 with kit lenses. The camera is great and easy for me to use but not so good if it is handed to a point and shoot usual user. So I'll hand over my Sony NEX-5 to my sister and hold on to the Nikon.
Figure 1: Her shell collections.
Figure 2: Her shell collections.
Figure 3: More of her shell collections.
Just like me, besides being left-handed and have similar interest, we love to collect. She loves things which are colourful, rare and also abstract art. Memories are also collectibles which are  treasured for life. So being able to spend time together will be rarer as she is going off to study at a renowned university soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment