Saturday, April 21, 2012

Down with flu

Days has been a change of weather from hot sunny days to sudden torrential rain. This resulted in sudden hot temperature to cold vice versa. This type of weather isn't kind to me as I am fragile to sudden temperature changes.

The effects are immediate and without mercy. I just recently got well from a sudden fury of hiccups to get my nose tricking with water like a leaked tap. My nose is now running, such an annoying symptom to highlight the ever changing weather.

Besides the constant trickling, I sneezed countless times and this makes others around me uncomfortable. My mind also seems very fuzzy during work. Sometimes I just felt so fuzzy that I blanked out while talking to my colleague. 

This month hasn't been treating me well either, it has challenged my patience and giving me a fix. I can't complain though as flu has been a part of me since I'm small. I still remember sneezing a nose full of mucus onto a girl's pinafore and she hated me for life during primary.

When I have flu, my eyes turn red, my nose gets so itchy, people even start to pity me as if I have fallen into a deep calamity and cried my eyes to death. Living patiently with this sensitive weather change symptom is accepting myself the way I am physically. 

Still, I am so sorry to be such a burden when I am down with flu.

No comments:

Post a Comment